Over the weekend I saw The Day After Tomorrow and Harry Potter. My mom picked me up to see The day after tomorrow yesterday and since I was hearing quite a lot of bad things about it I wasn't going in with all hopes. It was actually pretty good. I think a lot of the reviews I were reading were from adults and couldn't get past the somewhat political message it had. Anyhow, I of course had to see Harry Potter this weekend, so my dad took me and I just loved it. One thing I'll never, ever, understand is the huge fan base Snape and Draco have. I was just at a HP site and noticed girls going crazy over those guys. I can't stand them, especially when I read the books. Sometimes I just want to rip the pages out of the book when they're being cruel. Anyway, it was by far the best movie so far, and probably will be since I thought it was the best book. I am so going to download this movie hehe =) There were of course some things I didn't like about it, and I thought I would make a list of the few pros and cons I have on it.
Oh that reminds me, I added the ask and answer script, so go check it out. I also updated my desktop pic.
Okay, now just click the link if you want to see my favs. It contains spoilers, so you've been warned.
A few of the things that I really loved were:
- Harry's hair! I noticed this in the first and second movie. His hair was just fine, yet it stats in the book that it was messy no matter what they did to it. In this movie his hair is messy the whole time.
- The way the boys were having fun in their dormitory with the candy. Boys will be boys and its clearly shown there.
- The spider scene with Ron and his dream was hilarious.
- Almost all the scenes with Lupin. He was really great and just how I had imagined him.
- The special effects. Enough said.
- The lake scenes near the end of the movie. With the music it was prefect.
A few things I didn't like:
- No detail! I couldn't imagine trying to watch this movie without reading the book. It had noting about how close Black, Lupin, and James really were, or how much they hated Snape.
- The Shrieking Shack. This was my favorite part of the whole book but so disappointing in the movie. It was to rushed and again left out to much detail.
- The whole map part. Again with the detail, there was none
- The Ending. I didn't like the fireblot part at the end, nor the way it had a freeze frame type end.
I guess thats about all I can think of now. You have to give me credit on the length of this post though. If only someone would read it! =)